Friday, April 20, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons...



There are countless endings to that phrase (link), but I'll work on my own kitchen version. The six giant lemons in the photo are from a friend's Yuma, Arizona orchard. Thanks, TS. The puny little specimen in the lower right was advertised as a "large" lemon at a local Seattle grocery. I guess there's large and there's Arizona homegrown large

With lotsa lemons in my kitchen - now what? I'm reveling in thoughts of lemon zest or gremolata on everything, lemon to squirt on fish, lemon to flavor cookies and cakes, lemony pasta, Hollandaise sauce, lemon bread... For now I'll just store them carefully and ponder the possibilities a little while longer.

Fast and Easy Hollandaise Sauce
Sour Cherry and Lemon Sourdough Bread
Light and Luscious Lemon Cake
Fettuccine with Lemon Sauce
Avgolemno: Greek Lemon Soup


1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that we grew Godzilla lemons down here in AZ. How funny, I thought they were normal. I guess if it has to be that hot in Yuma, at least they get lot's of lemonade.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so please leave a friendly note. Comments are moderated so it may take a while to appear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...