Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Dinner Menus 2012




Due to work and flight schedule complications we’re scheduling two days of Thanksgiving dinners to celebrate with our small family this year. I love the idea, but there’s no way I’m roasting a bird for each occasion. Nope, no way, uh uh. Not that anyone else cares, but I felt I had to get that small declaration out early. It helped relieve some of the decision-making, menu-planning stress that’s often part of The Day, at least for this cook.  Last year we were the traveling relatives and joined the other side of the family for a large gathering in Boise, Idaho. My small contribution to the 2011 Thanksgiving dinner was a double batch of cranberry relish - how easy was that? 

This year I chose some of my favorite things for Thursday's dinner, and I'll cook a more traditional Turkey Day big bird meal on Friday when Grandma arrives. Here’s the plan… and I’ll get back to you later with a reality check.

Thursday:
Prosecco cocktail
Deviled eggs in a nest, spiced nuts and puff pastry cheese straws
Grilled steaks with compound butter
Ice cream (Root beer floats?) and assorted cookies (link, link or maybe link or link)

Friday:
Prosecco cocktail
Pickled vegetables, fruit and nut crisps, assorted cheeses & spreads
Green beans with caramelized onions, pine nuts and a balsamic reduction
Smashed gorgonzola potatoes
Stuffing muffins with turkey gravy
Roasted turkey parts
Zesty cranberry relish a la Martha Stewart
Trader Joe’s Mini Bites or homemade sweet potato tartlets and ice cream  

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. I'd come by and eat dinner either day or both. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so please leave a friendly note. Comments are moderated so it may take a while to appear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...